Last revised: Oct 21, 2021
This web site (the “Site”) is owned and operated by The BETTER Institute. By using the Site, you, the user agree to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). If you do not agree to all of the Terms and Conditions, please discontinue your use of the Site immediately.
The BETTER Institute may change the content of the Site, including all text, data, information, recordings, graphics, images, icons and any other content (collectively, the “Content”) at any time without notice. These Terms and Conditions may be revised by The BETTER Institute at any time without notice. Please review the Terms and Conditions regularly as your continued use of the Site will constitute your agreement to any changes. You will find the date of the last revision of the Terms and Conditions at the top of the page.
- This site does not provide professional medical advice The Content of this Site is provided for general information purposes only. The Content is not intended to replace consultations with a health care professional or to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care provider with any medical or health questions. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Site.
- Proprietary right and grant of limited license This Site and the Content are protected by copyright, trade-mark and other proprietary rights of The BETTER Institute or third parties. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms and Conditions, no portion of the Site or the Content, including without limitation trade-marks, trade names and logos, may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior written permission from The BETTER Institute or the applicable third party. Any unauthorized downloading, redistribution, retransmission, copying, modification or commercial use of the Content may be a violation of federal or other law and could result in legal action.
Subject to the preceding paragraph, The BETTER Institute grants to you a limited license to display, print and use the Content of this Site solely for your personal, non-commercial, not-for- profit use. Such license is revocable by The BETTER Institute at any time at the sole option of The BETTER Institute. In consideration of this limited license, you shall ensure that all copyright, trade-mark and other proprietary notices are retained on any copy of the Site materials in the same form and manner as on the original.
- Currency and accuracy of informationThe BETTER Institute has used reasonable efforts to ensure the information provided on this Site is accurate when posted. However, The BETTER Institute does not make any representation or warranty of any kind as to the quality, accuracy, currency or completeness of the Content on this Site. The views or opinions expressed in the Content on this Site do not necessarily reflect those views or opinions of The BETTER Institute. The BETTER Institute does not endorse or recommend any products, services, techniques or procedures mentioned on this Site.
- Disclaimer of warrantyTHIS SITE, INCLUDING THE CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE.
- Limitation of liabilityIn no event shall The BETTER Institute, its officers, employees or agents or any supplier of Content mentioned on this Site be liable for any losses, damages, claims or expenses whatsoever including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption, resulting from the use, misuse or inability to use this Site or the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or other legal theory, and whether or not The BETTER Institute is advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Non-confidentialityWithout the use of encryption, the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. Information provided to The BETTER Institute by virtue of this Site will be received by The BETTER Institute on a non-confidential basis. We recommend the use of appropriate security, antivirus and other protective software.
The BETTER Institute assumes no liability for the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data transmitted in connection with this Site and does not warrant that the Site is free of infection, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
- Shopify Our store is hosted on Shopify. They provide us with an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application.
While you visit our store, we will track:
- Products you have viewed: we will use this to, for example, show you products you have recently viewed;
- Location, IP address and browser type: we will use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping;
When you purchase from us, we will ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We will use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
Who on our team has access?Members of our team have access to the information you provide us.
- Order information such as what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information such as your name, email address, and billing and shipping information. Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds, and provide support.
PaymentOur webstore is powered by Shopify, which accepts all major payment cards and uses Shopify Payments as its payment gateway. All prices are charged in Canadian Dollars (CAD). If this is different from your local currency, the amount will be exchanged to your local currency by your bank or card issuer.
Purchase data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI- DSS). All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to the payment gateway, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the payment information.
- Links and third-party websitesThis Site may contain links to websites and servers maintained by third parties over whom The BETTER Institute has no control. These links have been provided solely as a convenience for users of this Site and do not constitute an endorsement by The BETTER Institute of the content of such third-party sites. The BETTER Institute makes no representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites.
Below is a list of Third-Party Services our site uses:
- Partners or sponsors The presence of advertising or a sponsor or partner logo on the website does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by The BETTER Institute, nor is it a guarantee for the quality, value or effectiveness of any products, services or methods advertised by our sponsors or partners. No advertising or sponsorship is intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional.
- Jurisdiction This Site is administered by The BETTER Institute, which is located in Alberta, Canada. Any matter arising out of the use of this Site shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without reference to its conflict of laws principles. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta to determine any action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with this Site.
- SubmissionsAll information submitted to The BETTER Institute via the Site shall be deemed and remain the property of The BETTER Institute and The BETTER Institute shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or other techniques contained in information provided to The BETTER Institute.
You agree that any information submitted to The BETTER Institute does not infringe the intellectual property rights, including copyright, trade-mark, trade secret or patent rights, of any third party and you grant The BETTER Program the right to provide access to the information on the Site.
- General These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between every user and The BETTER Institute regarding use of the Site and its Content. In the event a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Terms and Conditions to be unenforceable, the remainder of the provisions shall be unaffected and continue in full force and effect. The failure of The BETTER Institute to enforce strict performance of any provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any such provision or right.
You agree that your use of the Site shall not violate any applicable local, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law. If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, your limited license to use the Content will automatically terminate. You must immediately cease your use of the Site and destroy any copies of the Content or any portion thereof.
For questions about the Site or Content, or for permissions regarding proprietary rights, contact us.