National Practice Facilitation Workshop – June 2012
The National Practice Facilitation Workshop was held in Toronto, Ontario on June 13, 2012 and hosted by the BETTER (Building on Existing Tools to Improve Chronic Disease Prevention and Screening in Family Practice) and IDOCC (Improved Delivery of Cardiovascular Care) projects.
Outreach facilitation programs from across Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia) as well as the United States (California, Michigan and New York)) were represented at the Workshop.
The workshop brought together international and national experts in practice facilitation with an aim to:
- Share experiences and knowledge to develop an understanding of the various outreach facilitation programs, including practical implementation issues, across Canada and the United States.
- Explore the engagement of the primary care community in the adoption of practice facilitation and quality improvement.
- Identify the practice facilitation’s research agenda and unanswered questions.
- Map a strategy for the future direction for research and knowledge transfer and exchange to enhance the reach for application of facilitation in Canada.
Funding for the workshop was made possible through the BETTER Project. The BETTER Coalition was funded by Health Canada through the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC) as part of their Coalitions Linking Action & Science for Prevention (CLASP) initiative. The BETTER Coalition also received funding from the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.
Practice Facilitation Programs – Attendees
At the National Practice Facilitation Workshop, participants had an opportunity to share their facilitation experience through a Program Summary description of their work:
- Building on Existing Tools to Improve Chronic Disease Prevention and Screening in Family Practice: The BETTER Project
- Improved Delivery of Cardiovascular Care (IDOCC) through Outreach Facilitation
- Enhanced Participation in Cancer Screening – Phase II (EPICS II)
- Health Quality Ontario
- LA Net
- Physician Achievement Review (PAR)
- The Chinook Primary Care Network
- The Hamilton Family Health Team
- The LEAN for Clinical Redesign Program
- The Practice Facilitation Program – Capital District Health Authority
- The Practice Support Program
- The TRANSIT Program
- Toward Optimized Practice (TOP)
The BETTER website and tools are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Powered by Squarespace